Lakeport is an unincorporated community on the shore of Lake Huron at 43°06′54″N 82°29′25″W. In 1837, Jonas H. Titus platted "Milwaukie City" at the mouth of the stream then named Milwaukie Creek (now spelled as "Milwaukee Creek"). However the plat was not recorded and nothing came of it until lumberman B.C. Farrand had the village replatted in 1853 and recorded under the name "Lakeport" in August 1858. A post office operated from June 1857 until April 1911. Lakeport State Park is adjacent to the community on three sides.
Data is updated as of January 20, 2018 1:15 AM. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
The data relating to real estate
on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of Realcomp Ltd. Real estate listings held by firms other than Realty Executives Home Towne are marked with the Realcomp Internet Data Exchange logo or thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the Listing Broker's Firm Name.
The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.