Menu HOME SELLERS PORTABLE STORAGE: THE KEY TO SUCCESSFUL HOME STAGING UPDATED DECEMBER 29, 2017 REALTY EXECUTIVES INTERNATIONALLEAVE A
Five Places To Inspect In Your Home
Our homes require regular maintenance, both to protect our personal safety and to avoid costly repairs. Here are five of the most important items you should check in your home.
1. The fire extinguisher: It’s recommended that you keep at least one fire extinguisher on every floor. You should also keep one in the garage and in the basement.
2. Staircases and banisters: A loose railing or banister could spell disaster. Regularly check your stairs and the accompanying railings to make sure they’re secure.b
3. Smoke detectors: Be diligent about testing your smoke alarms (and carbon monoxide detectors) and replacing batteries. According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, smoke detectors should be tested at least once a month, and batteries should be replaced at least twice a year. A good rule of thumb is to change the batteries when you adjust your clocks for daylight savings.
4. Electrical outlets: Outlets in kitchens and bathrooms should have a “test” button. It’s part of a system that prevents electrocution. Plug in a hair dryer, and push the “test” button—the hair dryer should turn off right away.
5. Water quality: If you’ve never tested your water for harmful contaminants, you can purchase a kit to test it yourself, or hire a professional.
I began my Real Estate Career in 1998. My husband, Mark, is a residential builder and needed a Real Estate Agent to list his homes - and who better to do that for him! I specialize in Residential, Vac....