Jeddo is an unincorporated community in the northern part of the township at 43°09′06″N 82°35′00″W. It was first known as "Potter's Corners" after A.S. Potter, an early settler. It was given a post office named "Pottersburg" in February 1859. It was renamed Jeddo in July 1864. The Jeddo ZIP code serves all of Grant Township as well as portions of southern Fremont and Worth townships in Sanilac County and a small area in southwest Burtchville Township.