What You Need to Know About the Mortgage Process [INFOGRAPHIC]Some Highlights: Many buyers are purchasing a home with a down payment as little as 3%. You may already qualify for a
6 Top Reasons Why You Dont Want To Overprice Your Home
6 Top Reasons Why You Don’t Want to Overprice Your Home. As you consider selling your home, We at Realty Executives Hometowne thought you might be interested in understanding the dangers of overpricing:
- 1. Discourages possible offers – An overpriced home discourages prospective buyers from making offers, if the difference between the asking price and the todays market value is substantial. Many buyers choose not to waste their time on overpriced homes, and prefer to spend their energy looking at homes that appear to be a good value.
2. Lost inquiries and showings – Buyers who learn about the house for sale through signs, flyers or other advertising media will be discouraged with overpriced homes, and will not even inquire about them, nor seek showings. As well, the Buyers agent will concentrate showings based on the stated price-range preferences of the buyers. Just think of your own buying experiences. If you feel you are looking at something that is over priced, you will usually keep looking until you find a better value, and, you will not appreciate or continue to work with a sales agent who keeps recommending overpriced homes to you.
3. Low appraisal versus sale price – Homes that are being financed by buyers must be appraised by the lender. If a home appraises below the buyers offered purchase price, the sale can be endangered… When a home does not appraise, several lenders will penalize the buyer for over paying. It is not unusual for the lender to increase their interest rate, size of the down payment, or deny the loan altogether. This in itself can kill the sale.
4. Helps sell other homes – by overpricing your home you help sell your neighbors house by showing the buyers what a great value “THEIR” home is. This does not help your situation.
5. Lack of showings – Buyers will avoid seeing a home they feel is overpriced.
6. Lower proceeds for seller – it is proven that sellers who chase the market (by overpricing) versus sellers who are more aggressive with their pricing from the get go, end up selling their homes for much less, in the long run. As well, an aggressive sales price moves the home more quickly, thus reducing expensive holding costs.
Please call me directly at 810-292-2484 with any questions you may about selling your home.
Realty Executives Hometowne
Don Egypt is a professional Realtor with years of experience representing purchasers, sellers, institutions and investors. His knowledge and extensive experience in residential, new construction, luxu....