Check out "HOW IT WORKS" Play Video Below!!St Clair County Real Estate Quick Links Page Hello, I am Don Egypt "Your Realty
FIVE TIPS FOR MAINTAINING HOUSEPLANTS
Adding plants to your home will give it a fresher and brighter feel and will also improve your home’s air quality. Although it does take a little bit of work and consistency to maintain your plants, it’s well worth the effort. Here are a few tips for keeping your plants looking great.
1. Use leftover water from cooking. Plants love the extra nutrients from your leftover cooking water that can’t be found straight from the tap. Instead of dumping the water right after boiling vegetables, let it cool and use it to water your plants.
2. Coffee makes great fertilizer. Rather than throwing your used coffee grounds in the trash, empty out your French press or coffee filter straight into a planter.
3. Dust your plants. This should be part of your regular dusting and cleaning routine. Keeping your plants’ leaves dust-free keeps them healthier.
4. Pay attention to soil types. Different plants require different soils. Do some research to discover each plant‘s preferred soil. For instance, succulents require sandy, dry soil.
5. Beware of root rot. Houseplants are prone to root rot because there’s often nowhere for the excess water to drain from the planter. Prevent root rot by putting pebbles in the bottom of the planter, which elevates the roots. Use a water-hydrogen peroxide mixture for plants that are already showing signs of root rot.
Kristy Klein is an accomplished agent who brings a strategic yet personable approach to the home buying and home selling process. Drawing from years of experience, Kristy Klein has built a reputation ....