What You Need to Know About the Mortgage Process [INFOGRAPHIC]Some Highlights: Many buyers are purchasing a home with a down payment as little as 3%. You may already qualify for a
From The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
With all of the options out there, it is important to shop around and take the time to understand the terms of the different loans offered to you.
Tip: Ask these questions to better understand your loan offer:
• Is the interest rate fixed or adjustable?
• Do I need to pay points?
• What fees will I have to pay? Will I pay those myself or will the lender loan the fees to me?
• What is the term of the loan?
• How much will my payment be and will it eventually pay off my principal?
• What other costs will be added to my monthly payment?
• Can I repay the loan early without penalty?
• Will the payments change over the life of the loan? How high can my payment go?
• For an adjustable rate mortgage, are the payment adjustments and the interest rate capped?
• How much will I need to put down?
• Does the written offer match what I was told about the loan?
As a life long resident of St. Clair County, only having moved away long enough to serve honorably in the U.S. Navy, I have the local knowledge to help guide my clients to a great outcome. I bring a t....